OKAY. LET’S PUT THIS INTO CONTEXT FOR A SEC HERE
- SAM, DEAN, AND CAS HAVE BEEN ON A CONFERENCE CALL FOR BLAH BLAH MINUTES TALKING ABOUT TRYING TO STOP THE END OF TIMES AS USUAL
- THEN CAS SAYS SOMETHING OFF-TOPIC YET “SO CAS”, AND DEAN RETORTS BY SAYING SOMETHING THAT’S “SO DEAN”, AND THEY BOTH TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE THAT
- WHICH PROMPTS CAS TO ASK, “HOW ARE YOU, DEAN?”
- TO WHICH DEAN RESPONDS, “I’M FINE CAS. HOW BOUT YOU?”
- AND NOW WE ARE IN CONTEXT
NOW IT’S TIME TO INTERPRET CAS’ ANSWER
- CAS HAS BEEN WINGLESS FOR BLAH BLAH MONTHS NOW.
BUT IT IS ONLY NOW, IN THIS PHONE CALL (canonically, speaking), RIGHT AFTER HE AND DEAN HAVE THAT LITTLE EXCHANGE, THAT HE REVEALS HE MISSES HIS WINGS
- AND CAS HASN’T SEEN DEAN IN A LONG TIME
- I’D LIKE TO ARGUE, IDEALLY, THAT “WINGS” COULD BE A METAPHOR FOR DEAN (that “on the wings of love, love lifts us up where we belong” crap) OR A METAPHOR FOR HOW THINGS USED TO BE
- ON THE BASIS THAT HE AND DEAN ARE FINDING EACH OTHER AGAIN IN THE LITTLE NUANCES OF THEIR CONVERSATION.
- DEAN IS HIS WINGS. THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS HIS WINGS. BECAUSE HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH DEAN IS WHAT KEEPS HIM GROUNDED, AND HELPS HIM TAKE FLIGHT.
- OR WE COULD ALSO ARGUE THAT IT ISN’T A METAPHOR, BUT RATHER HE REALLY MISSES HIS WINGS ESPECIALLY IN THIS CONTEXT
- THAT HE’S ON THE PHONE WITH DEAN AND HE CAN’T JUST RANDOMLY POP UP BEHIND DEAN WHEN DEAN CALLS
- SO HE MISSES HIS WINGS BECAUSE BEFORE, ALL HE NEEDED WAS A THOUGHT OR A PRAYER AND HE COULD BE WHERE DEAN WAS, AND NOW HE CAN’T DO THAT ANYMORE
- CAS MISSES HIS WINGS BECAUSE HIS WINGS TOOK HIM TO DEAN
When people use Elsa not getting a prince at the end of Frozen to hate on all the other Disney princesses who fall in love
A WOMAN CAN BE STRONG WITHOUT A MAN.
A WOMAN CAN BE STRONG WITH A MAN.
LOVE DOES NOT MAKE PEOPLE WEAK.
WHY WAS I UNAWARE OF THE FACT THAT “DISGRUNTLED” IS, IN FACT, THE OPPOSITE OF “GRUNTLED”
WHY DOES NOBODY USE THIS WORD
I’m so gruntled to have found this
This is why you cant trust women, even when theyre mouth is closed theyre still lying to you
you do realize that this is really hurtful right?
i did not do this to show how i am ‘lying’ to men or anyone, it’s not about how you, as a man, should feel about it - it’s about myself.
to me your statement sounds as if the left side of this picture is something awful or horrible. and no, it’s not. it is my face - with and without makeup. and whether i chose to wear it or not is MY AND JUST MY decision. and when i do, i do it for myself - so that i feel good about myself - not for you.
Women aren’t born with makeup on, guy. Just like penises don’t circumcise themselves, and air conditioning isn’t ‘natural’. Makeup is no different than brushing your hair, or bubblegum. It’s elective. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that you’re not very loved by the ladies.
- Treat makeup-less women like shit for looking “less attractive”
- Pressure women to wear makeup in order to receive basic respect
- Treat women like malicious liars for wearing the makeup they were told they HAD to wear
why do white people do this to themselves
how does he drink.
how does he eat.
does his voice carry different
can he ever go underwater without drowning???
The last line “Row, Row, Row, Your Boat.”
“Life is but a dream.”
Really? That’s quite the existentialist mind-fuck to throw in at the end of a nursery rhyme.
Now that it’s spring I should probably shave my legs
soyrwoo has ruined my life